The Routing numbers are the nine-digit code that confirms the location of the US Bank locations near you. To Check US bank routing number, a person can glance at the bottom left side of the check. To identify the routing number, take down the look at the three sets of numbers; in these three sets, the first set of number is the routing number.
What is the difference between the account number and the routing number?
The US bank account number also recognizes the bank account crucial information and status, unlike the routing numbers that tells only the location of your bank.
Why the Banks Routing Number is so Important?
First of all, it is a unique number which can identify the US bank locations near you in The United States of America. The routing number is very much important in these following situations-
- It is needed to transfer the direct governmental paycheck benefits into the account.
- It is required to set up transfer benefits to an online high-interest bank account and the checking account.
- Companies like Betterment, Fidelity, and vanguard require US bank routing number to set up transfer funds.
- To setup deposits directly into an individual prepaid card.
- To set-up transactions between the peer-to-peer account set-ups.
Where the person can check US banks routing number if the check is not available?
- Check US bank routing number information published on the individual’s bank websites.
- Contacting a specific bank branch where your account is held.
- Through calling the American Bankers Association ABA Routing Number Query Service
Do the individual need to hide the US bank’s routing number?
The US Bank routing number is public, and it does not need much privacy. Anybody who is aware of your state and the bank name can find the banks routing number with ease.
The history behind the routing numbers-
The history behind the Routing numbers is that, in 1911, the American Bank Association (ABA) started using the routing codes for US banks. It is the 9-digit number and only used to determine the bank’s location. In the United States, the number is required to set-up direct deposit etc.
How to Find the Routing Number for a U.S. Bank Account Online
Here, are the US bank locations and their individual routing numbers
|LOCATIONS (State)||Routing Number|
|California — Northern||121122676|
|California — Southern||122235821|
|Colorado — Aspen||102101645|
|Colorado — all other areas||102000021|
|District of Columbia||091000022|
|Illinois — Northern||071904779|
|Illinois — Southern||081202759|
|Iowa — Council Bluffs||104000029|
|Iowa — all other areas||073000545|
|Kentucky — Northern||042100175|
|Kentucky — Western||083900363|
|Minnesota — East Grand Forks||091215927|
|Minnesota — Moorhead||091300023|
|Minnesota — all other areas||091000022|
|Missouri — Western||101200453|
|Ohio — Cleveland||041202582|
|Ohio — all other areas||042000013|
Check Savings Account and IRA Routing Numbers
- Give a call to : 800.872.2657
I hope you liked this article on U.S. Bank number, please share it through Social Networks. Still, If you have problems to find U.S. Bank numbers or any other issues, You can contact us through email or contact form.